Congratulations! Your enterprise resource planning systems has successfully gone live. But, hold on! Do you think the game is over yet? Not really. Remember, ERP software implementation is a journey not a destination (Fig 1). You might stumble upon a bunch of surprises in the post-implementation phase. For instance, your end users might discover new software capabilities but unable to use them. Or maybe, the training guides do not have answers to all your queries. How well you manage these issues, would eventually determine your ERP success.
How do you manage post-implementation surprises?
Advanced Solutions & Consulting recommends the following steps to effectively handle post implementation uncertainties
- Ensure you have a review process to evaluate the lessons learned during deployment
- Document thoroughly the ERP implementation process. This will give you an insight into possible future hurdles
- Be sure to provide adequate onsite support even after you go live. This will provide employees support with unforeseen issues
- Facilitate training on newly discovered functionalities. End users need to be comfortable with the essential ERP features
- Make sure a handy user manual is available to the managers and well as other employees
- Ensure that the project team and the support team meet regularly to raise concerns in a timely manner and solve them
What are the good characteristics of VAR you chose to partner with?
Your partner VAR plays a key role in managing unexpected issues after you go live. Therefore, you need to carefully select your VAR keeping in mind the following characteristics.
- Your VAR should have a thorough understanding of your business
- They should facilitate alignment of your ERP solution with your business needs
- They should provide onsite training
- They should have a dedicated team of account managers, IT staff and developers to take care of your specific requirements
- They should be available for providing support as and when you need it
- Make sure your VAR has a proven track record of ERP implementation
Why partner with Advanced Solutions & Consulting (ASC)?
ASC has been at the forefront of implementing cloud ERP solutions since the past two decades. Recently, the company has been honored with an award from Acumatica for superior customer satisfaction and value addition.
A leading certified Microsoft Dynamics reseller, ASC commands extensive knowledge on your industry. We take time to understand your business needs and suggest appropriate ERP solutions. Our experienced and expert cloud ERP team has successfully deployed 100’s of ERP software. We help you attain your ERP goals while controlling costs. We are full service providing need analysis, business and technology audits; on-time project management; flowcharting for process engineering and training and support. Our sole motto is your competitive advantage.